Saturday, August 30, 2008

Neat Baptism

My friend Nikki's husband got baptized today.  They're a new couple in the ward and are newlyweds as well.  They got married in January of this year and have three kids between them.  What was so special about this day though, was that after Steve was baptized, he was confirmed and then ordained a priest, so that he could then baptize their son (Nikki's son) immediately following his ordination.  It was such a neat experience, and I can only imagine the joy that must be filling her heart this evening.  I look forward to the day when my boys and Violet choose to be baptized, but what a wonderful thing to experience a spouse coming to such an understanding and making such a life change.  I hope that all goes well in the following days, months and years for them, and that they can reach their goal of a temple sealing.  I am grateful to have been able to witness this event, and I am grateful to have been able to serve them by playing the piano.  I hope I can get to know them even better at time goes on!

1 comment:

joelandbecca said...

That is so nice. It is so nice to see a family/couple and individuals develop in the gospel. It always helps my testimony grow too. So glad you play the piano. I am so jealous!