Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten!




Today's the day, Joe and Ben are officially kindergartners!  They were so excited they could hardly eat their breakfast!  I don't think they have a clue about how long their day is going to be, they don't get out until 3:15!  Karl took the morning off to be with us, so that was nice.  I think it would have been much harder for me without him there.  When we got there, we took them to the playground, but they wanted to go to their classroom.  When their room opened, we took them over there to meet their teacher, Mrs. Tanner.  We just found out though that they're in a K-1 class, so that's a major bummer to us, but I think all the classes are combined this year because of a lack of students, but Joe and Ben don't care!  Anyway, so we took them into their classroom and had them find their desks which had name tags on them.  It's kind of funny, but Joe sits at a table with three other kids, and ones name is Violet, and Ben sits at  a table with four other kids and ones name is Sammy!  I thought that was pretty coincidental! So, Karl and I waited with them  in their classroom until the bell rang, then Ben promptly told us, okay, you need to leave now!  So we did.  Karl, Sam, Violet, and I went and got breakfast at Descanso Junction, and then Karl went to work.  Sam's got it in his head that we're going to bake cookies, so we will later for when the boys get home.  I can't believe it's started, I have school age kids!  Next year Sam will start and it'll just be me and Violet!

No comments: