Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My poor baby!

My sweet little Violet's not feeling good, and it's a combination of things!  First of all, I came down with a cold Sunday night, so she's probably fighting that, but then this morning, as I was watching her cry I noticed that she's cutting her first molar!  It's on her bottom left side!  Ouchie! It totally explains why she was behaving the way she was this morning.  We got up and took a shower after I nursed her this morning, and she laid her little head on my chest for about ten to fifteen straight minutes.  Then, when we got out Karl dried her off while I continued with me after shower routine (lotion, deodorant...) and then I went over to the bed to join them.  She was laying on my tummy in her birthday suit and Karl was patting her little bare bum, but she thought he was spanking her or something because she started CRYING!  Not just fussy crying, but alligator tears, ragged breath, lump in the throat, hurt feelings CRYING!  So, to calm her we showered her in kisses and hugs, and finally I resorted to nursing her again.  So, while she was nursing, she reached over and pinched me, hard, and I cried out, "OUCH!"  And that set her off again!  She was being so sensitive!  Anyway, that's when I noticed the molar and her tight gums, so no wonder!

No comments: