Monday, December 1, 2008

Joe and Ben's Birthday!

Joe and Ben turned 6 today!  I can't believe it!  They are so big and so smart.  We started the day off with breakfast, all they wanted was bacon, eggs and toast, so that was easy.  Then they opened cards and presents.  Grandma Dorothy addressed her card to Masters Joseph and Benjamin Clinger, so of course I read it that way, and the of course they assumed the roles of Master.  " I am the Master, do what I say!"  Little boogers!  Then we went outside to play in the snow, and I constructed  the base for an igloo, but I made it too big and got too tired, and the boys got bored and hungry so we went inside.  For lunch they wanted Raviolis, and peanut butter sandwiches, and they wanted to make the sandwiches themselves, so again, easy!  Then Karl got off work early, so we went to dinner together.  Ben wanted Burger King, and Joe wanted the Village Inn pancake house.  After that, they wanted to go swimming, so we headed over to the rec center and swam for a couple of hours, and then headed home for cake!  We've just finished playing a couple rounds of Flippin Frogs, and now we're going to watch Ice Age, The Melt Down, and then hit the sack!  It's been a great day, but I'm glad it's over, it takes a lot of energy to try to make two people happy all day long!

2 comments:

joelandbecca said...

What a fun day! Happy birthday to the boys!

Holly & Matt said...

cuty little birthday boys! I miss them... if you haven't yet looked at my blog since last night, you must! I put a picture of "Violet Lou Who" up!