Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!


We're at home in Castle Rock, CO this beautiful Thanksgiving Day!  We have started the day with a lovely breakfast of pumpkin pie, complements of me, the executive chef of Ivy's Secret Garden, a Fine Dining Experience.  Violet loved her first pumpkin pie experience, as pictured below.  We then spent quality time as a family, and shared a very moving experience where we all talked about what we are thankful for.  Joe and Ben surprised me when after just the question of what we are thankful for they took the lead.  Joseph was very thoughtful, and Ben got a little emotional.  It was very sweet.  Some of what Joseph is thankful for are: our health, our home, the food we eat, that Jesus could give us a new baby, and his ears, so he can hear and listen.  Ben is thankful for: a mommy and daddy who love us, and the country we live in and that it is safe.  I am so grateful for my sweet and obedient boys who are so kind and loving to each other, and who are so healthy and strong.  
Drunk with pie!
Waving at the camera!
Mmmmmmm!
More waving
She wants to take a picture!
Self-Feeding



2 comments:

Holly & Matt said...

so precious! I love the story about the things they're grateful for! they're so insightful. ok violet is so adorable! I actually think she kind of looks like Nanacrumble in the picture labeled
"self feeding" :) so funny!

Jessica said...

Okay, so I don't check you blog for a week and all of a sudden you have a bagillion posts! Your kids are so cute! Esp. Violet. Oh my gosh those eyes! I didn't even know you moved to CO! Was it for Karl's job? Sounds like you all are doing well! Love you!