Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Second First Day of School!

Ben started at the Day-McKeller Preparatory School today.  Joe was still a little too sick to go, but we all loaded up and headed down there together because Violet had a doctors appointment too.  What a difference, honestly!  There are teachers EVERYWHERE!  It's an 8 to 1 ratio, students to teachers of course, and they're all so caring and friendly.  They introduced themselves to us, and to Ben and Joe.  Joe, even though he's still tired and not feeling good wanted to stay so bad.  We left right before nine for the doctors appointment, and left just Ben there.  

The doctor's appointment went well, Violet is 15 pounds, 4 ounces, and 27 inches, which puts her at the 25% for weight, 50% for height, and her head is in the 75 percentile!  She got her usual round of shots, and handled them just fine, a few tears, but too for too long!  She's such a good baby!  After we were all done there, we stopped back by the school for my own comfort, just so see if he was alright.  HE IS!  Karl went in, and said he was sitting with the rest of the class, participating and behaving well.  The founder, Cara (Day-McKeller) was there and she said he was just perfect, that everyone loves him and that he's being so good!  What a difference.  I honestly knew it wasn't him that was the problem, and I'm so glad we followed that instinct, or prompting, whatever it was.  If things change, I'll update, but if things go as they're going I might not.  I hope this is the end of our nightmare from last week.

1 comment:

Anayansi said...

I loved Reagan's private school. I think that there is a huge difference between the two. I am sure that you made the right choice. Good luck with it all!