Monday, September 22, 2008

Field Trip!

Joe and Ben went on their first field trip today!  We went to a place called Wrights Field, and hiked and looked at stuff.  I chaperoned, and took Sam and Violet with me. Everyone was smitten with Violet of course, she got passed around at lunch time to the older students and some of the teachers.  Joseph fell down and brushed his arm against something with prickly things on it and when he stood up he had tons of these little hair-like pokey's sticking out of his arm.  He freaked.  When we got back to the central locations I sat with him on my lap and picked them all out with a pair of tweezers.  Thankfully it didn't hurt to pull them out, just if you touched them the wrong way.  All in all it was a pretty good trip!

Yesterday, while we were at church I noticed something on Violets upper-lip.  She's seriously teething right now, four teeth all on the top have decided to emerge, but what I saw was milky white, and she NEVER spits up.  It looked like what I'd imagine thrush looks like, but none of my kids have ever gotten it before, and what I've heard about it (that it appears on the tongue and sides of the mouth) didn't quite match up.  Then, today when I looked again it was on her tongue, but she's still eating comfortably, not crying at all, so I walked in with her to her doctors office to see if she had time to take a look.  Sure enough, it's thrush, but we caught it really early so that's good.  We got her some medicine and we're home now, finally.  It's been a long day.

I haven't posted in a really long time, which I'd sort of noticed, but it was brought to my attention in full by my sister Holly (I love you Holly!) just how long it'd been on Saturday.  Well, my excuse is pretty good, first of all, things have settled down in the school department, the boys are doing well and learning quickly.  Karl was out of town last week, and while he was gone I got all caught up in the Twilight Series.  I read all four of them in one week (Thanks Jillian!)!  I'm in love with Edward!  What a great series, it was so entertaining.  I'm going to read them all again, but slower this time, I was flying over the pages!  I'd recommend them to anyone looking for a good read.  I don't know how I feel about the movie they're making, I'll see it of course, but I don't know how they could possibly portray the intense emotion's like the book did.

So that's it.  Oh, one more thing.  The parent's that took Ben with them on a little nature hike said that when they asked the question, "what do you feel"  Ben answered, " I feel the wind, I feel the plant, I feel... hungry!"  They both thought he was very cute, and of course, he is!  That's all!

1 comment:

joelandbecca said...

Oh you know I am all about Twilight! Love it all!It is so hard for me to explain to others why I like them. People are usually unsure of the concept. Reading those are the best excuse to stop blogging! Hope Violet gets better

Oh and thanks so much for keeping the secret. Apparently it was harder for others to do....I appreciate that you did! Makes me love you more!