Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Many Moods of Violet Clinger

Up Please?

UP NOW!


That pretty face is all because of Dragon Tales


Not Happy?

What? No, I'm Happy!

Psyche! 

All better!

NOT!






I guess the Denver area made national headlines with our recent snow storm, my mom mentioned it to me.  We didn't get hit as hard in Castle Rock as they did farther west and North, but we got a fair amount of snow!  Its been really fun, the boys have been sliding down the little slope in the yard on their discs that grandma and grandpa bought them.  Joseph, though, went out without gloves on at first, and was out for quite awhile, until his hands hurt so bad he thought they were burning.  He came running in crying like he was dying!  He felt better after I ran warm water over his hands, poor baby, and poor neighbors if they heard his cry, because it was quite awful!  Thank goodness this is their last week off track, they start again on Monday, we're all pretty excited about that!

Nothing too new on the Violet front.  She's as cute and smart as ever.  I've figured out that she won't throw an absolute fit if I ask her nicely before I do things to her, like wipe her nose, or face, or wash her hands.  It used to be this huge ordeal just to wash spaghetti sauce off her face, now all I have to do is ask, "can I wash your face?" and she turns her little face up to me and lets me do it!  When I ask her if I can wipe her nose, she even exhales, half the time out her nose!  It's so cute!  Yesterday she brought me a diaper and laid down right after she'd wet herself, I was very impressed!  She thinks she's so big and smart now because she can push kitchen chairs around and climb up on them herself, so she thinks she can climb out of her bed.  Only problem is, she's a shorty-pants and so all that  happens is her fat little legs get stuck in the rungs and then she cries and cries!  I tried to catch her dancing this morning, which she does ALL THE TIME, but she was cranky and didn't want me video-ing her.  She's still not talking, but we've started limiting her pacifier time to when she's in bed, or in public (to keep her quiet), so hopefully that will help her be more vocal in a productive way!  All in all, she's an absolute joy to behold and she makes my heart swell with pure happiness!

Oh, I just remembered something that happened a little less than a month ago.  We went the infant reading time at our library while the boys were at school.  A cute side note is that Sam was with me and they let him have a big puppet so he could be a "daddy" with his own "baby," and he was the only boy amongst 10-13 month and younger baby girls.  Violet was one of the oldest babies their, but definitely not the biggest, and most definitely the smartest (if I do say so myself).  I found out that day how much of a booger she really is.  We were singing this silly little song to the tune of "Where is Thumb-kin" that goes something like "where is Violet, where is Violet? There she is, there she is.  She is very special..." And when it was each baby's turn, the lady would roll a small beach ball to her and the baby (or her mommy) would roll it back after her turn was over.  Well, there were about three babies before Violet, and about five or more after her, but she noticed what was happening right away and decided she WANTED that BALL NOW!  So at first she was just trying to walk through the circle to go get it from those other babies, but when she realized I wasn't going to let her she hurled herself on the ground to cry.  Then, when it was her turn, she was so freaking ticked off that she immediately THREW the ball away from her with the brattiest of noised possible from a 13 month old.  Then she realized what she'd done and was immediately repentant, but it was too late, her turn had passed.  She was the ONLY baby there that threw a fit during the whole time there.  But you know what?  I chalk it up to her being so intelligent.  She was the only baby really paying attention to anything that was going on.  All the other babies had age typical absent looks on their faces, she was the only one observing, plus she has three very indulgent brothers who's goals in life at this moment are to make her happy, so there!  My justification of why my one year old acts like a brat!

2 comments:

Holly & Matt said...

Oh Violet! I want to eat her all gone! (poor little Joe with his "burning" hands.. hehehe)

joelandbecca said...

She is something else! I love that shirt-so funny!